Professional Approach, Personalized Care
PromptCare is dedicated to helping patients receive infusion therapy in the comfort and convenience of their own homes. Our expert clinical and dedicated customer-relationship professionals deliver unmatched levels of transitional care and ongoing service for your most medically complex home-based patients. We offer therapy and support programs built to provide a team-based, comprehensive approach to providing patient care for specific conditions.
The mission of PromptCare’s Cardiac Transitions Program is to support and educate Stage D heart failure patients on inotropic infusions, improve their quality of life and prevent readmissions to the hospital.
Our innovative team includes an expert heart failure clinical nurse liaison, a cardiac clinical pharmacist, heart failure-educated infusion nurses and a cardiac insurance specialist. We work collaboratively with physicians to help care for patients being discharged from the hospital to various settings, including post-acute care, home with a certified home-care team or home with palliative care.
Cardiac Transitions patients receive:
- A 24-hour post discharge visit by an RN
- Vigilant follow-up post hospital discharge or after periods of instability
- 24/7 access to PromptCare pharmacists and nurses
In an effort to prevent readmissions, the team also emphasizes:
- Use of a primary nursing model
- Ongoing education with an emphasis on strategies to increase adherence to the patient’s treatment plan
- Follow-up on the patient’s progress with members of the healthcare team
- Early attention to signs and symptoms of fluid overload
- Ongoing monitoring of lab test results
PromptCare’s IVIG program is built around patient care management in the home environment. This convenient and cost-effective treatment option allows patients to enjoy the comfort of receiving intravenous (IV) and subcutaneous (SC) infusion therapy at home, while providing access to emergency care through PromptCare’s expert clinical and nursing staff.
Immune Globulin patients receive:
- Expert care by IV nurses educated in IVIG/SCIG
- Patient and caregiver education
- Clinical pharmacists on call 24/7
- Side effect management and compliance support
- Reimbursement support from an assigned insurance specialist
- Care coordination with physician and payer
PromptCare’s Home Nutrition Support Program provides comprehensive clinical support to enteral and parenteral patients who cannot consume an oral diet. Our dedicated and experienced dietitians, nurses and pharmacists work collaboratively with physicians to develop a personalized care plan and prevent hospital readmissions due to nutrition complications. PromptCare’s customer-relationship professionals also work closely with patients to handle insurance verification and maximize reimbursement, in an effort to ensure a seamless transition home and simplify the start of care.
Our Nutrition Support program includes:
- Facility discharge coordination
- Initial and ongoing patient and caregiver education
- Disease-specific therapy management
- Nutrition monitoring and evaluation
- Insurance verification support
- 24/7 availability
Our expert dietitians, nurses and pharmacists provide:
- Initial and ongoing clinical assessment, evaluation and recommendations
- Coordination and consultation with physicians and other care partners
- Development of personalized care plan
- Enteral administration education for bolus, gravity and pump feedings
- Individualized instruction on administration of medication
- Patient progress follow-up and reporting